What is an electronic document management system?
Wikipedia defines a document management system (DMS) as a computer system (or set of computer programs) used to track and store electronic documents and/or images of paper documents
Why Document Management?
Employees tend to spend a lot of time trying to find information already available in the business. This time spent on searching, sorting, creating and re-creating redundant documents results in countless wasted hours and money. Such inefficiencies can be eliminated with the use of a Document Management application.
- Efficiency - No time lost filing & retrieving documents or looking for lost documents
- Access - Access documents over the Internet
- Security - Provide controlled access to your documents
- Savings - Reclaim space used to store documents
- Compliance - Comply with government regulations
- Disaster Recovery - Ensure business continuity by protecting your documents from natural and other disasters.
- Simplification - Single mechanism to manage both electronic and paper documents